
So I found this book in my library and the blurb on the back was VERY interesting.
It said:
I'm Annabel. I'm the girl who has it all. Model looks, intelligence, a great social life. I'm one of the lucky ones. Aren't I?
My 'best friend' Sophie is spreading rumours about me. My family is slowly falling apart. It's turning into a long, lonely summer, full of secrets and silence.
But I've met this guy who won't let me hide away. He's one of those intense types, obsessed with music and totally unafraid of confrontation. He's determined to make me listen. Will I ever find the courage to tell what really happened the night Sophie and I stopped being friends?
It sounds like your average, American highschool drama. But trust me, it isn't. Something terrible happened to Annabel that she is ashamed to speak of. Its a very serious issue that has become more prominent in recent years. Because of what happened Annabel, who is a model, she disappears from the limelight and refuses to talk to anyone until one boy brings her back from the dark abyss she has reduced herself to live in. He isn't overly romantic, but he is so honest and intense and exactly the guy I'm sure most girls would love to be in a relationship with. He's real and truthful.
There is a lot of drama and heartache in Annabel's life, on the outside she appears to have it all, but behind closed doors,her life is something of a nightmare.But she eventually learns how to deal with it and how to open up to those close to her.
I would recommend this book to everyone.It teaches a good lesson on being prejudiced and how you shouldn't judge anyone by what they appear. Appearances can sometimes be millions of miles from the truth. And this book is proof of that.
I give ''Just Listen'' a 5/5 because it was genuinely moving and it really made me think about my own life and how to be considerate of others.
A real page turner.
No comments:
Post a Comment